PhD Programmes - Guide to studies and admission > Regulations
The University of Copenhagen enables you to train as a researcher and gain a PhD in accordance with the provisions of Ministry of Higher Education and Science Order No. 1039 of27 August 2013 on PhD qualifications.
- PhD Order No. 1039 of 27 August 2013 (pdf) (English translation)
- Guidance on the Order (pdf) (in Danish)
UCPH's common PhD regulations and guidelines
TheUniversity of Copenhagen has adopted a set of common regulations and guidelines for PhD students admitted to UCPH.
- UCPH's common PhD regulations and guidelines (pdf)
- UCPH's common guidelines for competency development for PhD supervisors (pdf)
- Guidance on appeals by PhD students at the University of Copenhagen (pdf)
- Procedure relating to overlap with pre-existing text in PhD theses (pdf)
UCPH’s common regulations and guidelines set out the common minimum standards for PhD studies at the University.
Faculties each set additional provisions. UCPH’s common regulations and guidelines are therefore not 'stand alone' but should be read in conjunction with the additional provisions of the relevant graduate school.
Rules for PhD students submitted before 1 February 2008
The provisions of the Science Ministry's Order No. 114 of8 March 2002 on doctorates apply to PhD students admitted before 1 February 2008. Assessment and defence of theses and decisions to award PhDs are subject to the regulations in the latest order No.18 of 14 January 2008:
- Order on PhD studies No 114 of 8 March 2002 (in danish)
- Guidance on Order No. 114 of 8 March 2002 (in danish)